The legal science founded mainly on rules and principles developed by human reasoning (ijtihād) and the body of knowledge so derived. Fiqh may therefore vary from one jurist or school of thought to another.
Why did the Imāms Differ?
- This article is taken from the beginning of Shaikh ul-Islam's (ra) treatise
Raf'-ul-Malām 'an-il-A'immat-il-A'lām (Removing the Harms from the Noble
Imāms).In this treatise, the Shaikh (ra) discusses the reasons why the
famous and righteous Imāms, that are followed by the masses of Muslims,
differed in some issues and contradicted the established ahādīth of the
Messenger of Allāh(swt)in some cases.
'Abdur-Rahmān ibn Nāsir as-Sa'dī
- A Comprehensive article discussing in detail all the main terminologies used within the Science of Fiqh
The Issue of Taqleed and Madhhabs
- An article which considers the Ummah's stance towards the scholars, and considers the issues of making Taqleed within one of the four main school's of thought.
The Causes of Riyā'
Abū Ammār Yasir al-Qadhī
- The primary cause of riyā' is a weakness in Īmān. When a person does not have strong faith in Allāh, he will prefer the admiration of people over the pleasure of Allāh. This weakness in īmān causes a person to ignore the blessings and rewards of the Hereafter, and increases a person's desire for fame and prestige in this world.
Our Need for a Fiqh Suitable to Our Time and Place
'Alī ibn Mehdī ibn Mutlak al-Timīmī
- There are specific issues facing the Muslims in the West, for which we must find Islamic answers according to the Quran and the Sunnah, in order to remain faithful to Islam while living in the West. Until we resolve these issues from the Quran and the Sunna and the understanding of the scholars of our time we will continue to remain in confusion. This confusion will open the door for those who seek to Americanize or Europeanize Islam, which will result in our eventual loss of identity in Western societies.
Lessons from the Farewell Pilgrimage
'Abdul-Bārī ibn Awad ath-Thubaytī
- Friday Sermon from the Prophet's Mosque in Madina, on Dhul-Qadah 18, 1422AH: Dear Brethren, Farewell Pilgrimage is a reawakening call to the entire Muslims on the occasion of the Hajj in order to achieve the desired self-examination, staying upright on the true guidance in response to the call of the leader of the Messengers peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them all.
Justice in Islam
Sālih Aal Tālib
- The great religion of Islaam came to bring people out of the injustice of various religions to the justice of Islaam, for it is with justice that the heavens and the earth were established. Also, our Lord is Just and deems himself far above being unjust. [Makkah Khutbah 19, Rabeeuth-thaanee 1426 (28, May 2005)]
The Principle of Permissibiity
'Abdur-Rahmān ibn Nāsir as-Sa'dī
- The principle regarding acts of worship is one of prohibition, except if the Sharee`ah (Divinely Prescribed Law) relates a prescription for it. And the principle regarding the customary behaviour is permissibility, except when the Sharee`ah relates a prohibition for it.
DISCLAIMER: All material found on Islamic Network Websites is for information purposes only.
The views expressed on Islaam.Net or on linked sites are not necessarily shared by Islamic Network.