1. Edited and adapted from Fathul-Majîd li Sharh Kitâbit-Tawhîd (2/603-615);
Chapter: From îmân (faith) in Allâh is to have sabr (patience) with the Decree of
2. Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in Madârijus-Sâlikîn (2/152).
3. Related by Muslim (no.223) and Ahmad (5/343), from Abû Mâlik al-Asharî
4. Related by al-Bukhârî (no.1469) and Muslim (no.l053), from Abû Saîd al-Khudrî
5. Related by al-Bukhârî (1 l/303) in talîq form, and it has been related in
connected form by Imâm Ahmad in az-Zuhd with a Sahîh isnâd – as al-Hâfidh Ibn Hajar
mentioned in Fathul-Bârî (11/303).
6. Related by al-Lâlikâî in Sharh Usûl Itiqâd Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamâah (no.1659),
al-Bayhaqî in Shabul-Îmân a n d Abî S h a y b a h i n Kitâbul-Îmân (no.130), with a
slightly different wording.
7. Madârijus-Sâlikîn (2/156) of Ibn al-Qayyim.
8. Sûrah at-Taghâbun 64:11
9. Tasfîr Qurânul-Adhîm (g/164) of Ibn Kathîr.
10. Sûrah al-Hadîd 57:22
11. Sûrah al- Baqarah 2:155-157
12. Tasfîr Qurânul-Adhîm (8/163).
13. Related by Ibn Jarîr at-Tabarî in Jâmiul-Bayân an Tabîlil-Qurân (28/123),
Abdur-Razzâq in his Tafsîr (3/95) and also as-Suyûtî in ad-Duwul-Manthûr (8/183).
Its like is also related by al-Bukhârî in talîq form (8/652) from Ibn Masûd.
14. Tababîbut-Tabdbîb (7/276) of Ibn Hajar al-Asqalânî.
15. Related by Muslim(no.67) and Ahmad (2/377), from Abû Hurayrah radiallâhu anhu.
16. Related by Muslim (no.82), Abû Dâwûd (no.4679) and at-Tirmidhî (no.2621), from
Jâbir ibn Abdullâh radiallâhu anhu.
17. Related by al-Bukhârî (no.1294) and Muslim (no.103), from Ibn Masûd radiallâhu anhu.
18. Fathul-Bârî (3/164) of Ibn Hajar.
19. Itqidâ as-Sirâtul-Mustaqîm (l/204) of Shaykhul-Islâm Ibn Taymiyyah.
20. Sahîh: Related by Ibn Mâjah (no.1584) and also Ibn Hibbân (no.737). Al-Bawsîrî authenticated it in Masâbibuz-Zajâjah (1/521).
21. Related by Ahmad (6/31), from Âishah radiallâhu anhâ.
22. Related by al-Bukhârî (no.4462) and Ibn Mâjah (nos.1629- 1630), from Anas radiallâhu anhu.
23. As az-Zarkashî mentions in Sharh Mukhtasarul-Kharqî (2/356).
24. Related by al-Bukhârî (no.1303) and Muslim (no.2315), from Anas and Asmâ bint Yazîd radiallâhu anhumâ.
25. Related by al-Bukhârî (no.1283) and Muslim (no.923).
26. Sahîh: Related by at-Tirmidhî (no.2398) and al-Hâkim in al-Mustadrak (1/340), from Anas radiallâhu anhu. It was authenticated by Shaykh al-Albânî in as-Sahîhah (no.1220).
27. Sûrah al-Baqarah 2:155-157
28. Abridged from Majmûul-Fatâwâ (10/48) of Ibn Taymiyyah.
29. As-Sirâjul-Munîr (l/88) of al-Azîzî.
30. Sûrah al-Baqarah 2:216
31. Hasan: Related by at-Tirmidhî (no.2398) and Ibn Majâh (no.4021), from Anas radiallâhu anhu. It was authenticated by al-Albânî in as-Sahîhah (no.146).
32. Sahîh: Related by Ahmad (5/427), from Mahmûd ibn Lubayd radiallâhu anhu. It was authenticated by al-Mundharî in at-Targhîb wat-Tarhîb (4/283), al-Haythamîin Majmauz-Zawâid (2/291) and Ibn Hajar in Fathul-Bârî (10/108).
33. Sahîh: Related by Ahmad (l/172), at-Tirmidhî (no.2398) and Ibn Mâjah (no.4023). It was authenticated by al-Albânî in as-Sahîhah (no.143).
34. Sûrah al-Bayyinah 98:8
35. Related by Ibn Abî Dunyâ in Kitâbur-Ridâ (no.94) and also al-Bayhaqî in ShuAbûl-Îmân (no.205).
36. An-Nihâyah fî Gharîbil-Hadîth (2/350) of Ibn al-Athîr.
37. Madârijus-Sâlikîn (2/171,184) of Ibn al-Qayyim.
38. Daîf Jiddan: Related by at-Tabarânî in al-Kabîr (22/320), Ibn Hibbân in al-Majrûhîn (1.324) and al-Khatîb in at-Talkbîs (39/2) all by way of Saîd ibn Ziyyâd. Al-Haythamî said in al-Majma (7/207): In it is Saîd ibn Ziyyâd who is matrûk (abandoned). And al-Hâfidh al-Irâqî said in Takbrîjul-Ihyâ (3/296): Its isnâd is weak. And al-Manâwî said: Daîf Jiddan (very weak) as occurs in ad-Daîfah (no.505).
39. Ibn al-Qayyim related this in Madârijus-Sâlikîn (2/171).
40. Majmûul-Fatâwâ (11/260) of Ibn Taymiyyah.(NOTE: If you want to build a strong and powerful relationship with Allah, check out Islamia TV, where you can watch Islamic speakers from across the globe deliver inspiring and motivational courses. Learn more at www.islamia.tv.)